Thursday, September 29, 2011

Technology Self Assessment: School 2.0

I chose to explore NETS-5, Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership and my favorite question under this NET was : "I actively contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession by sharing promising practices for using technology to improve student learning with others in school, profession, and community." This is something I feel is very important because I know that I have already learned a ton of helpful tools and I would love to share them with my future students, as well as in my future professions. For example, Diigo.com because this is a great source that many students are unaware of and can make researching a lot easier. For this question however, there were no current resources for me to further search. Another question that I found interesting was: "I regularly evaluate and reflect on current research and apply promising practices for using existing and emerging tools and resources in support of student learning." This is important to stay up on the current things and ways of technology so that you can keep your students engaged and interested in learning.  The resource under this question was interesting because it talked about allowing schools to have access into accounts that cost money, and I think this is a good thing because the best websites are usually restricted or cost money and children shouldn't have to pay for their education. Technology is the future and students should have more choices and availability to use technology when learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment