Sunday, October 2, 2011

Journal #2: Join the Flock & Enhance Your Twitter Experience (NETS-5)

Ferguson, H. (2010). Join the flock. Learning and Leading with Technology, Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/learn/publications/learning-and-leading/digital-edition-september-october-2011.aspx

In this article by Hadley Ferguson she makes readers very interested in becoming apart of the social network of Twitter and what a PLN really is. I really liked when she wrote about how by joining a twitter you can become friends with people you would never pick out from a crowded room. Since recently creating a Twitter I wish I would have read this article beforehand because it makes readers feel a lot more comfortable as well as she gave the readers a break down in steps of just how to become a part of this. When she wrote about how joining a PLN takes commitment it is very true, because if people are following you, you must be committed. Reading this article proves that technology is the future and people shouldn't be scared of it but rather embrace it.

Question 1: How can I use Twitter when I become a teacher?

When I become a teacher I can use twitters by becoming friends with other teachers and follow them because they might post some great ideas and advice. In need for lesson plans? Being friends with other educators you can all collaberate together and create great ideas together.


Question 2: What is the importance of the hash-tag?

I could really use the hash-tag to connect with the teachers and other people who I follow. I just recently learned how to use this and it is very helpful. This way when I have something good to post or something I am searching for I can find it a lot easier by using this. This will also help me search and find more interesting people to follow through other people using the same hash-tag.

Shannon McClintock (2010). Enhance your twitter experience. Learning and Leading with Technology37(8), 13-17. Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/learn/publications/learning-and-leading/digital-edition-september-october-2011.aspx

In the article by Shannon McClintock I had never heard of the application TweetDeck and have not yet looked into it more but she makes social networking seem very easy and organized. By reading these articles I have already learned so much about social networking and how it can all be in my benefit. These are great tools that I can use in the future and I can teach other teachers and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment